Cycling has been a great joy for me since childhood. My first love and cycle are a Hero children’s bike from my preteen years. Since then till now in my 30’s I have enjoyed biking thoroughly and gained some understanding about the way city and beginner level cycles work.
So if you are searching for your perfect cycle – here I am sharing with you a quick list of top 5 cycles under Rs. 10,000/- for beginners’ leisure riding. Below is a quick comparison chart with features from all the products presented in a table form. For more details on the product, you can either click on the name of the product which will direct you to Amazon or scroll down for more product details.
Features & Comparison of top 5 Bicycle in India
|Hero Sprint Next |
|TATA Stryder MTB |
|Price||Rs. 6,205/-||Rs. 5,750/- |
+ 400 Delivery
|Rs. 9,305/-||Rs. 8,720/-||Rs. 6,490/-|
|Dual V||Direct pull||Front – disc brake |
Rear – V brake
|Caliper Brakes||V Brakes|
|Color||Black||Black||Black Green||Green Black||Black green|
|18 Inches||21 Inches||18 Inches||17 Inches||19 Inches|
|Weight||–||9 KG||25 KG||8 kg||–|
|Single Speed||Single Speed||Gear 18 Speed||Gear 18 Speed||Single Speed|
|66.04 CMS||66.04 CMS||66.04 CMS||60.96 CMS||66.04 CMS|
|26 Inches||26 Inches||16 Inches||17 Inches||–|
1. Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Cycle
Top of the list is ‘Hero Kyoto 26T Single Speed Cycle’ at MRP of Rs. 6,205.00/- (current discounted rate on Amazon is Rs. 4,956.00/-). It is a 3-star rated product on amazon with around 285 customer reviews. Some of the best features of this cycle are a comfortable seat, anti-skid pedals, durable seat frames, and of course the brand name of Hero which has catered to generations of Indians.
- Dual V brake – both front and back
- Anti-skid pedals
- Easy to assemble
- Even though in the product description it is mentioned tools will be provided for assembling, but many reviewers have complained about missing toolkit.
- Many of the reviewers online have complained about manufacturing defects and delivery issues.
2. BSA Cycles Photon Ex Bicycle, 26-inch for Men
Second, on the list is ‘BSA Cycles Photon Ex Bicycle 26-inch’ at MRP of Rs. 5,750.00/- (with Rs. 400.00/- delivery charges). It is a 4-star rated product on amazon with 38 customer reviews. Some of the best features of this cycle are white-walled durable nylon tires, and wheel and pedal reflectors.
- Good product for beginners
- A city cycle as great for road use
- Lightweight at just 9 Kgs
- Delivered in a fully dismantled / pre-assembly state. Will require to take to a local shop to assemble.
3. Hero Sprint 26T Winner 18 Speed Adult Cycle
Third, on the list is ‘Hero Sprint 26T Winner 18 Speed Adult Cycle’ at MRP of Rs. 9,305.00/- (current discounted rate on Amazon is Rs. 8,900.00/-). It is a 3-star rated product on Amazon with 49 customer reviews. Some of the best features of this cycle are 18 gear speed, disc brakes in the front for safety and sturdy steel frameset.
- 18 gear speed
- Heavy frame for safety and stability
- Dual suspensions and disc brakes in front wheel
- Delivered in a fully dismantled / pre-assembly state. Will require services for assembling.
4. Hero Sprint Next 24T 18 Speed Mountain Cycle
Fourth on the list is ‘Hero Sprint Next 24T 18 Speed Mountain Cycle’ at MRP of Rs. 8,720.00/- (current discounted rate on Amazon is Rs. 7,899.00/-). It is a 3.5-star rated product on amazon with 158 customer reviews. Some of the best features of this cycle are 18 gear speed, lower frame height than other cycles on this list and handlebar great arms and wrist support.
- 18 gear speed
- Hand bar for easy maneuvering and easy on arms and wrist
- Smooth chain crossovers and minimized efforts for pedaling. Perfect for mountain biking.
- Even though in the product description it is mentioned tools will be provided for assembling, but many reviewers have complained about missing toolkit for assembling the product
- Many of the reviewers online have complained about manufacturing defects and delivery issues
5. TATA Stryder MTB White I-Ride 26” Inches Road
TATA I-Rider is last but not the least one on the list. I didn’t find Amazon’s product description much helpful so please go to TATA’s website to view details of the product. On TATA’s site the product cost around Rs. 8,000.00/- but on Amazon, it is worth Rs. 6,490.00/-. So obviously I will recommend buying I-Ride from Amazon. It is a 4.5-star rated product on amazon with only four customer reviews.
- Available in 2 colors – Black Green and White
- The chain wheel is with plastic guard and soft grips
- The Product is listed by the TATA Stryder account on Amazon who has not done a great job in giving details about the product on Amazon.
I hope this list of top bicycles in India under Rs. 10,000/- helps you with the search of the right cycle for you or your loved one. Happy Riding!!